With the New Year right around the corner, it goes without saying that I’m extremely excited about the vast array of games coming out in 2014. Normally, I find myself getting excited over games like Titanfall, Destiny and The Evil Within, but there’s another game that I’ve been waiting for since I first got my hands on a Game Boy Advance. The game I’m talking about is none other than Super Smash Bros. on Nintendo 3DS. Hit the jump to find out why.
First and foremost, the Super Smash Bros. franchise is one of my favorite series of games…ever. I was practically raised on Nintendo’s smash-em-up fighting series and throughout the years my love for the games’ strange mix of characters has only grown stronger. But, getting back to my Game Boy Advance comment, I had always wished that Nintendo would bring SSB to a handheld platform. Now, at the time that was wishful thinking considering Nintendo didn’t have a handheld gaming console with enough power to do the series justice, but with the birth of 3DS any past complications are no longer a factor. My childhood dream of being able to kick DK‘s ass on a handheld device is finally coming to fruition after years of hoping and praying that the gods of Nintendo would deliver a Smash Bros. title worthy of being played on a smaller screen. This reason alone is why Super Smash Bros. on 3DS is my most anticipated game of 2014. Have a happy New Year everyone!
-Ocarina of Time Nerd
- Sakurai Vows To Get Super Smash Bros 3DS & Wii U Completed In 2014 (mynintendonews.com)
- Super Smash Bros Smashes Release Date Rumors (popwrapped.wordpress.com)
- Sakurai Talks About Balancing Characters In Super Smash Bros 3DS & Wii U (mynintendonews.com)
- Rosalina And Luma Confirmed For Super Smash Bros (mynintendonews.com)
- Sakurai Talks About Balancing Characters In Super Smash Bros 3DS & Wii U (curiosidadesnainternet.com)
- Sakurai Vows To Get Super Smash Bros 3DS & Wii U Completed In 2014 (No Duh) (obaforums.wordpress.com)
- ‘Super Smash Bros. 4’ Wii U and 3DS returning assist trophy revealed (examiner.com)